Saturday 30 June 2012

eBay Bargain

I've finally lucked out on eBay. Usually stuff I want I lose at the last second or the price goes way higher than I want to pay. But last week neither of these things happened. I posted awhile ago about Cry Havoc, a board game that I'd liked years ago but forgotten. I said at the end of the post that I might have a look on eBay to see if I could pick up a copy.

Well there were a couple of copies on eBay as well as a few of the expansions but they all went for £25-£35, much more than I wanted to pay for a trip down memory lane. I kept checking every couple of weeks to see if any more turned up and then I noticed a copy of Siege, one of the stand-alone expansions, up for auction. I thought about bidding for it but I really wanted the original game. I had a look at the details though and it turned out that he was selling Siege and included in the box was also a full copy of Cry Havoc. So I placed a bid expecting it to go for £30-£40 as usual.


Well bidding was quite slow till near the end as usual and I placed my final bid not expecting to win. Then to my surprise I got an email saying I'd won and for only £8.48 + £6 p&p! I've no idea why I managed to get both games for such a low price. In fact a copy of Siege on it's own went for £20 just a few days later.  The game has arrived now and it's all there and in good order so I'm a happy camper. Now all I need to do is to find someone who'll play it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...