Sunday 10 June 2012

Dropzone Commander Pricing Insane

So Hawk Wargames site has finally gone live for pre-orders for Dropzone Commander. What do I think? Well Hawk Wargames are taking the piss. £12 for thirty 10mm infantry and six bases! Come on who the heck do you think you are, Games Workshop? Yes the sculpts are great but have a look at these shots of some Pendraken Sci-fi 10mm.


Painting by Nik Harwood


For thirty of the Marines in these photos you'd pay £4.80 (plus cost of basing) compared to £12 for 30 from Hawk.


The sculpting may be a bit better but not worth almost three times the price. I'm really disappointed with Hawk Wargames. They have some great looking models but at those prices I can stick with 15mm and still save money. If you're not keen on 10mm check out Rebel Minis 15mm in the U.S. or Critical Mass Games in the UK. You'll find great sculpts at better prices

However given that most wargamers suffer from an almost total lack of self control when it comes to shiny new products I expect that they will sell loads. But not to me.

4 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to this range, but like you have been put off by the pricing.
    It remids me of an anecdotal story I eard once where a Figure manufacturer was asked why their Fantasy and Sci-fi ranges cost more than their historicals? To which they simply replied "GW".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the alien race with the Native American motif, but not enough to want to spend that kind of money on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots to like but I agree not at that price.

      Delete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...