Tuesday 13 March 2012

First run out for my Khador

After the tribulations endured earlier in the day I made it to the club with no more problems. A quick grab of some terrain pieces that were then randomly scattered on the table & we were good to go.
Paul was playing his Circle of Orboros forces. As he is a kind soul (even if he does play 'Twilight' wannabe werewolves) he started with the not particularly awesome pKaya as his warlock, a Warpwolf Stalker, Feral Warpwolf, Gorax, Stonekeeper & 3 Shifting Stones. I was using Sorcha, Juggernaut, Destroyer & 5 Man-o-War Shocktroopers.
I won the initiative roll and made Paul set up & move first. I didn't know much about Circle forces except that they can teleport around the board so I kept my force together so he couldn't pick off isolated units. I was going to take lots of piccies but forgot. But my set up formation didn't change for much of the game and can be seen in the photo below.

Turn 3 ish
 I moved forward slowly in my turns & let him come to me. I was hoping to do some damage with my Destroyer's bombard but the Stonekeeper UA gave him & the stones stealth so I had to wait until I was within 5" to open fire. Once in range my Shocktroopers opened fire and killed one stone thereby preventing them being used for teleporting antics. (This is when I remembered to take pics & the photo above shows the postition just after the 1st stone has been destroyed). The Stalker moved up out of the woods & the Feral charged my Juggernaut doing a serious amount of damage but not thankfully destroying any critical systems. On my turn I loaded up the Juggernaut with 3 focus & attacked. First roll with his Ice Axe & it's a critical, freezing the Feral allowing auto hits, 4 attacks later and its a dead Feral. A bit lucky but I take what I can get. A shot from the Destroyer missed the Stalker, end of turn. Paul retaliated by charging his Stalker into the Shocktroopers killing two. pKaya then exploited this gap to teleport next to Sorcha & proceeded to beat her about the head. Luckily for me pKaya failed to get any crits and poor dice from Paul saw her only take 4 damage. Sorcha responded by popping her feat freezing pKaya and turning her into a bloody pulp. Game over, a bit lucky but I'll take what I can get.
As it was still early we had time for another game. I remembered to take more pictures for this one. Details to follow later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...