Wednesday 29 May 2013

Damn you! Deadzone Kickstarter

For some reason I've just pledged for the Deadzone Kickstarter from Mantic and I'm not too sure why. I've had a couple of looks at this previously but it didn't really grab me. I think what's happened is a combination of "Ohh! Shiny" and "that looks like a really good deal".


So what happened? Well Beasts of War had a banner up saying 'ending now' so I clicked to take a look at how things were going. What grabbed me was their rather clever marketing with the 'Optimum Payload' banner. I had a look at it and it seemed like a really good deal. You get five faction starter sets, nine of their terrain sprues, the 2'x2' gaming mat, as well as the rules, dice, counters, artwork, e-books and various other freebies all for $150 (about £100). Given that the starter sets as addons cost $35 each your getting $175 worth of figures for $150 plus the terrain, game mat etc so you're probably getting everything at about half the retail price.

I figured I could keep a couple of starter sets and the rest of the stuff and sell the other three sets making the whole thing even cheaper. (It never ceases to amaze me how we wargamers manage to justify our random purchases.)

Anyway here's a graphic of  the pledge level I chose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...