Wednesday 8 May 2013

Photographs from the American Civil War

This isn't my usual type of post but I felt many of you might appreciate it. I received these photos from a friend and was surprised at how powerful the images were and how they made me think. There were over 120 photos in total and these are just a few of them, I'll post some more later this week. To get the full effect you need to click on the pictures to make them full size to see the detail.

I never really appreciated the size of these ships till I saw this photo


I wonder how the barrel got broken?



Hard to read but the shop sign says 'Price, Birch & Co. Dealers in Slaves'














I think this is Washington with the Capitol being built in the background.


Without the clothes to give it away this could be a WW2 scene

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...