Tuesday 17 September 2013

My finished 1/72 Brits for Chain of Command & Bolt Action

I'd hoped to get my Brits done by yesterday but I miscounted and had to paint up a couple of extra figures but they're done now. The figures are from the Valiant Miniatures 1/72  'British Tommies' box.

They turned out better than I expected and I now prefer them to my Germans. I started with a base of  Warpaint's Khaki spray primer from PSC. Then I block painted the helmet with Coat D'Arms Russian Green, the webbing Coat D'Arms Linen, the skin is Coat D'Arms Suntanned Flesh, the rifle Citadel Vermin Brown and Citadel Boltgun Metal and the boots Vallejo Black. I then gave them a coat of Army Painter 'Strong' tone dip before a spray of Army painter Matt varnish. The bases are Coat D'Arms Brushcape Sandy Brown with GF9 Green static grass.

I have thirty figures left in the box after painting these so I can easily increase the forces as needed. As it stands the figures cost me £4.73 which is great value. Now on to the pictures.

The figures organised for Chain of Command
 
The above photo shows the figures organised as a Motor Platoon for 'Chain of Command'. This is made up of the platoon HQ comprising:
  • Lieutenant with a Sten
  • Sergeant with a Sten
  • 2-man PIAT team
  • 2-man 2" Mortar team.
and three Sections each comprising:
  • Corporal with a Sten
  • LMG team of three men and a Bren Gun
  • Rifle team of four Riflemen
The next photo shows the figures organised as a 500pt force for Bolt Action.

 
The force comprises:
2nd Lieutenant + 1 Rifleman - Regular
Forward Artillery Officer - Regular
1st Squad - NCO w SMG, Bren Gunner, 6 Riflemen - Regular
2nd Squad - NCO w SMG, Bren Gunner, 6 Riflemen - Regular
3rd Squad - NCO w SMG, 8 Riflemen - Regular
MMG Team - Regular
Sniper Team - Regular
Light Mortar Team - Regular
 
With these out of the way I've got time to play a few games before my Dropzone Commander stuff arrives at the end of the month.

5 comments:

  1. These look really good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great force I like that you showed them for both CoC and BA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you feel about the lack of firing poses? I am considering buying some of those Valiant Tommies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit disappointed about that but for what they cost I can live with it.

      Delete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...